Stop pumping up with weights at the gym and focus on getting lean explains fat loss coach Mike Green who specialises in helping men over 30 get the body of their dreams.
To look great this summer you have got to focus on getting lean. Everyone looks bigger and more ripped when they are lean. (Low bodyfat)
How do you ‘get lean’?
- Diet is the key.
- Focus on eating clean protein sources, veggies, fruit, healthy fats, and some carbs around workouts to support hard workouts.
- A great week of training should be structured like this:
* 3-4days of strength work
* 2-3 low intensity conditioning sessions
* 1-2 high intensity conditioning sessions.
- Focus on the perfect technique on each exercise and getting stronger each week on effective exercises such as pull-ups, squats, etc.
- To be able to move well you should use a full range of movement on each exercise including some single limb exercises and focus on mobility/recovery. if you’re eating right and training properly you will see results by the summer
- If you train smart you will feel younger than other people your age.
- Instead of destroying your body in the gym, never go to complete failure on exercises. People who go to failure constantly end up sick and burnt out. Listen to your body and don’t push too hard on days you don’t have it in you.
- Use a slow controlled tempo with perfect technique on every rep from start to finish of each set.
- Use saunas for recovery. Spend time outdoors if possible and get 8 hours of sleep per day.
These things will provide HUGE benefits to you, yet most people don’t do them.
If you follow the above I promise you will look decent by the summer.